Option 1: How to recover iCloud password on iPhone & iPad
- Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Enter your email address and tap the option "Forgot Apple ID or Password?".
- Now you can do one of two things:
- In case you forgot just the password, enter your Apple ID and click ‘Next.'
- In case you forgot both the ID and the password, then you can tap on "Forgot Apple ID", and then enter your email address and name
- To receive the Apple ID. If you don't have the Apple ID, you can try to reset iPhone without Apple ID.
- You'll be asked the security questions that you'd set up. Answer them.
- Now you can reset your password.
Option 2: How to recover iCloud password with ‘My Apple ID'
- Another iCloud password recovery method you can try out is logging into Apple's ‘My Apple ID' page to recover iCloud password.
- Go to apple.com
- Click on "Forgot ID or password?"
- Enter Apple ID and hit ‘Next'
- You will now need to either answer your security questions, or you could retrieve your Apple ID via email.
- If you choose ‘Email Authentication,' Apple will send an email to your backup email address. Once you check the appropriate email accounts, you'll find a message from email called "How To Reset Your Apple ID Password." Follow the link and the instructions.
- If you choose ‘Answer Security Questions', you'll have to enter your birth day, along with the security questions you set up for yourself. Click ‘Next.'
- Enter the new password in both fields. Click ‘Reset Password.'
Option 3: How to recover iCloud password using two-factor authentication
- This process will only work if you have two-factor authentication enabled on your account. In this case, even if you forget your password, you can recover iCloud password from any one of your other trusted devices. Just follow these steps:
- Go to iforgot.apple.com.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- You can now recover iCloud password using one of two methods, either through a trusted device, or using your phone number.
- If you choose the option "Use trusted phone number" then you'll receive a notification on your phone number. This will have the steps you can follow to reset password.
- If you choose the option "Reset from another device," you'll have to go to Settings > iCloud from your trusted iOS device. Tap on Password & Security > Change Password. Now you can enter the new password.
- recover iCloud password
- After this, you should surely be able to recover iCloud password. However, if you've lost your iPhone password, you can follow this post to reset iPhone password.