Update the Operating System
- Make sure your phone is charged with at least 50% battery or is connected to a power outlet
- Allow up to 30 minutes or more for the update to complete
- Back up your device to avoid losing any data. It is unlikely you will lose any data, performing a back up keeps your data safe incase of any errors.
- You will need to be connected to a secure Wi-Fi network (office or home). Update will not work on mobile data.
- While the device is updating, please limit its use. Allow time for it to complete the update before using it again.
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and select General
- Select Software Update
- Select Download & Install. If no update is available or not showing, first confirm you are connected to Wi-Fi and have enough battery charge. If still no update available, hard reset the device and then repeat the previous instructions. Hard Reset - Devices with a home button / Hard Reset - Devices without a home button (iPhone X series devices: X / Xs / Xs Max / Xr / etc)
- Enter Passcode (used to unlock your phone).
- The phone will verify the update (this can take some time)
- The phone will apply the update and restart (this can take some time)
- Once updated the phone will turn on and you will need to Enter unclock Passcode again.