In Windows 10, there are various settings to change the display of your device. There are also pre-configured themes to chose from. Below are the steps to take to change these settings.
- First, you will want to click on the Windows Icon at the bottom left of the screen, then select the gear icon to open the Settings
- Next, click on Personalization
- The rest of the steps will go through the options in the left menu of Personalization. The first option is Background, here, you can chose from a selection of images provided by your system, or select an image saved on your device by using the Browse button and set it as your desktop background image. You can also select a solid colour to be your background from the Background dropdown, or create a slideshow using multiple images.
- The second option is Colors. This will set the theme color for your device, the Choose your color dropdown sets the main theme, the screenshot below is using Dark and the default is Light. The other option is choosing your accent color which you can select from the colored squares shown. When you select a color, a preview of how it will look will appear in the top image.
- Option 3 sets the Lock Screen, so called as it configures what will be displayed when the device is locked. From here you can choose which picture will be displayed as well as what app(s) will be available for quick access. Similar to the first option, you can choose from a list of default photos or browse your device for saved photos. You can add or remove apps on the lock screen by clicking on the bottom squares highlighted.
- In option 4, you can save your current display configurations as a "theme" which can be selected later in the options at the bottom. You can also choose from some default Microsoft themes.
- In option 5 you can select a font that will be used by Windows apps, as well as search for a font if you are looking for something in particular.
- In option 6, you can select what appears in the Start menu, which is the menu which appears when you click on the Windows icon in the bottom left of your phone. You can choose folders that will appear on this menu in the link highlighted.
- The seventh and final option is similar to the previous option, except instead of configuring the display of the Start menu, you are configuring the display of the Taskbar, which is the bar at the bottom of the screen.
Article is closed for comments.