Operating System Testing (OS Testing) is defined as verifying normal usage of the operating system (OS) after an update to the latest version.
- Where possible, OS Testing will be performed on updates prior to production release.
- OS Testing will be conducted by Mobile Mentor engineers and Quality Assurance (QA) Analysts. Issues found will be categorized into Critical, High, Medium, and Low based on ITQSB guidelines.
- Testing is performed against approved test plans and includes both automated and manual testing.
- Testing includes basic operation of the OS as well as compatibility with the latest supported Office 365 applications. Testing does not include performance testing other than as observed during completion of the test plan. Mobile Mentor does not perform security testing as part of OS Testing.
- Testing is conducted on Mobile Mentor owned hardware; Mobile Mentor does not perform compatibility testing against client devices.
- Testing is completed on customer apps and hardware only by agreement under a separate support contract.
- Mobile Mentor does not perform compatibility testing against client applications outside of Office 365 applications.
- Mobile Mentor will communicate that testing has passed after each release. We do not share our test plans and test scripts.