A Hard Reset may be required when apps are not working properly, the phone has become unresponsive or other similar issues.
Performing this action will not affect any data on the device.
Looking for a different reset option or more information? Refer to this article about the types of reset options.
Because the iPhone X series devices does not have a home button, these devices require you to hold two buttons to display the power off options.
This can be done by:
1) Press and release the Volume Up button then
2) Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
3) Then press and hold the Side button
4) The power off options will then be displayed - continue to hold the Side button until the Apple Logo appears
5) Once the Apple logo appears your phone will restart and turn back on.