Contacts can be saved to a Virtual Contact File (VCF file), you can import or move them from other accounts into Google account and to your new device.
Important note: Make sure device is connected to internet either via WiFi or Mobile Data
Step 1: Exporting contacts with VCF file.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Contacts app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Settings Tap Export.
- Create a file name and remember where it is saved for easy access.
- Tap Save.
Step 2: Import contacts to Google account.
- Open Contacts app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Settings Tap Import.
- Tap Google.Tap Import vCard file.
- Locate and select vCard file that was saved on Step 1 to be imported.
- Allow the import to complete.
By Default all, contacts on the device will be synced to Google account.
Google account is now ready to be added to new device for user.
Please sign in to leave a comment.