Changing Notification settings
- Select profile icon in the top right
- Select Settings
- Select Notifications
- Mentions - If you are mentioned using @name in a private chat or Channel/Team
- Messages - Any private message that you receive via Chat
- Other - Include all notifications for Team changes, role changes, missed activity, etc.
- Meetings - All notifications related to scheduled meetings
Once in, you’ll see notifications for three different subheadings.
Notification Settings: Banner, In feed, Email
Banner notifications are larger notifications which appear at the corner of your screen whenever you’re mentioned individually or as a team in any channel/group. You’ll also get a banner notification when someone messages you personally. As stated, you can always change what you receive this notification for. Note: The banner notification will also indicate if the alert you’ve received is from a message, reply, etc.
- Banner and Email
Microsoft Teams notifications can also be sent to your inbox alongside a banner notification to ensure that you’re alerted on all fronts. You can also configure Teams to send scheduled emails for your notifications, the frequency can be adjusted as follows:
- As soon as possible
- Once every 10 mins
- Once every hour (default)
- In Feed
Alerts can also appear in your feed, this is a section that displays all previous and new notifications. This can be found by navigating to the Activity Tab
You can also enable auditory Microsoft Teams desktop notifications, and you’ll be able to select from three options:
- All – you’ll be alerted via sound for all messages, from all channels you’re part of, whether you’re mentioned or not (we recommend not selecting this to reduce clutter)
- Call, mention, and chat – notifications will only appear when you’re called, someone private messages you, or when you’re mentioned
- Off – this will disable all sound notifications