If you try and manually sync a device in Intune and it isn't checking in, you can try the below steps to get the device to check in again.
This is particularly useful if a device has become non-compliant and you need it to check in to update the compliance status.
The troubleshooting steps are very similar to getting a phone to check in on an MDM.
Disconnect/re-connect from the network
- Ask the user to turn off the WiFi/unplug ethernet and wait 15 seconds before reconnecting. If the device doesn't check in, you can manually sync it in Intune by navigating to the device and selecting Sync
Restart the device
- If disconnecting and reconnecting to the same network doesn't allow the device to check in, the next step is to ask them to restart their device. Once it's booted back up, if it doesn't automatically check into Intune you can manually sync it as in step 1.
Switch to another network
- If after restarting the device and re-connecting to the network the device is still not checking in with Intune, you can ask them if they can swap to another network.
- If they have another secure WiFi network nearby, they can connect to it and see if the issue still persists.
- If the device has a SIM embedded, ask the user to swap to the mobile data connection.
- If neither of those options are available, ask the user if they can connect to a mobile hotspot from their phone.
Ask the user to manually Sync their device
- If you have tried a restart, different network, turning WiFi off and on and the device still won't sync with Intune, you can ask the user to follow the below steps to sync their device from their end.
- Ask the user to open Company Portal and select Settings
- The user can now select Sync to manually sync their device with Intune