When you copy something on your PC (Ctrl + C), it’s automatically copied to your clipboard for you to paste (Ctrl + V). This lets you save time by copying text or images that might be longer to do by hand to retrieve information.
Clipboard History is available on Windows devices running Windows 10 can paste multiple items from your history. You can save time copying images and text of various sizes, while pinning the items you tend to use all the time.
With a Microsoft account on some managed devices, you can sync your clipboard history to the cloud and have it available on other modern Windows device.
- On your Windows 10 device, right click the Start icon and open Settings.
- Inside Windows Settings, select System and choose Clipboard on the left hand side.
- Turn on Clipboard history.
- Optionally, turn on "Paste text on your other devices..." under Sync across devices.
NOTE: This feature is tied to your Microsoft account or your work account, so remember to use the same login information on all your devices.
- To get to your clipboard history menu at any time, press Windows key ( )+ V.
Before selecting the pasted information, remember to select the field the information should go!
- You can also find more options inside each item by selecting the three dots beside it:
- Pin any frequently used items by choosing an individual item from your clipboard menu.
- Clear all to delete all items from your clipboard history except pinned items
Please sign in to leave a comment.